Thursday, August 8, 2013

Can you believe it's been a month?

The vacation ended once we left Florida. The first week in our new home was definitely a stressful one, almost as bad as planning the wedding. We got home on Friday and Saturday we went back up to my parent's house to open presents, where Dan's parents joined us also. We are truly so blessed. I cannot believe the generosity of some people and can't thank everyone enough for all that was done for us. We are beyond grateful!

We had lunch with our parentals and then it was time to move everything home. We loaded up our car and their cars and then unloaded everything, it was nice to have their help and went a lot quicker. There were boxes EVERYWHERE! Our house wasn't box free for weeks. We spent those weeks returning things and buying what we needed, putting things away, and cleaning/washing everything. Again, we have been so blessed.
I have to thank Dan for all the hard work he has done. He has been working really hard to be able to support us. I only just barely started working at Old Navy, for which we are again so grateful, and that has put a little stress on us too. There are plenty of bills to pay, as you married people know, and we have been worried with only one person bringing income to the table.
It's weird to think we've already been married a month. My Mom would say it's been longer than that because "we lived together even before we were married." We're in love! :) I've never been happier. Dan is the love of my life and I fall for him more everyday. We have so much fun together, whether it's building IKEA furniture or spontaneously buying a porch swing at 60% off (I'm glad my husband supports my love for swings) or getting me hooked on Prison Break and watching the entire first season in one night, we are happy with our lives together and wouldn't change a thing. This is what life is all about. Marriage is truly part of God's plan and it is more and more clear why everyday I spend with my spouse, the love of my life.

No comments: