Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Our Honeymoon

The honeymoon began as soon as we were on the back of that motorcycle waving goodbye to everyone. We went back to my house to get a car with our luggage in it and off we went to the Little America. Dan carried me into our lovely room with a view of the temple and we had a wonderful first night together.
The next morning we woke up and ordered some breakfast before getting ready to head to the airport. We flew out of Salt Lake around 11 AM and arrived in Florida around 9 PM. 
On the plane!
I was really tired when we got off the plane and we still had to get our rental car and check into another hotel, but it all went smoothly. It was so nice to be finally be alone with Dan. I felt like I was on vacation with my best friend. It was only weird to me at times because it felt so normal and natural. The next morning we had one of the best hotel breakfasts we've ever had. We did a little morning workout and then it was time to check out and head to our condo!
When we got there it wasn't quite ready for us so we found a place to eat and then found a little mall and did a little shopping. We checked into our condo around 5 and relaxed the rest of the evening. We loved our little condo. With a view of the beach it doesn't get much better.
My Mother told us to enjoy the "I don't know what to do" while we can because it'll be back to reality once home. And we sure did enjoy it. It was nice to not have to answer to anyone, be anywhere, or do much. We went grocery shopping on Saturday so we'd have some food for Sunday. Our condo had everything in it so we bought food for the entire week we were there. 
We had church at 10 on Sunday. We went to a little branch about 10 minutes from our condo. It reminded me of my mission: a branch with Spanish people, in the humidity, rain pouring outside. It was delightful. The rain was really coming down when we got out and we were somewhat blocked in our parking spot so I played junior companion and guided Dan backing. We were just about out when the lady with the car blocking us came out and moved. I was drenched and it was nice to go home and get in dry clothes. 
We ate in our condo and just relaxed all day. Dan gave me a little lesson on Patriarchal blessings and then we read one anothers', it was a wonderful spiritual experience. We are so blessed to be married to each other. It was another confirmation that I married the right person. 
Monday we decided to actually get out and take advantage of the coupon book we were given, ha. Dan and I had been wanting to go go-karting for a while and that was what we did. He totally cheated to beat me, I was winning almost the whole time. We enjoy being competitive with each other.
X-treme Karting!
After our race we decided to go check out the flea market. We spent a few hours there looking at random things and trying to find stuff for our families. It was pretty fun but there was a lot of the same stuff there so once we got hungry it was time to go feed our bellies.
Found this hat at the flea market. I should've got it for him.
On Tuesday we rented a tandem bicycle and had a nice ride around Pompano Beach. It took a little while to get used to it at first but we became pros pretty quick, as long as Dan was on the front. We went for a few miles, had to stop and get some gatorade at a little corner mart because of how hot and humid it was. It was fun nonetheless and we enjoyed the hours we had the bike.
Wednesday we decided to head to the mall, it wasn't all we thought it would be. But we did have some success in finding gifts for our family members, and we got to use a few coupons out of our book. It's just fun that we get to spend every hour of every day together. I love it. We spent some time at the beach and pool after.
Yeah, we're married.
Thursday was the 4th of July so it the beach and condo got a little busy. We went to the beach in the morning and played in the waves.
Because there was crazy traffic and an excess of cars in the parking lot we ate the restaurant that's part of the condo. I had some crab that was delicious. Dan and I had fun trying to crack it all open and get it. It was messy ha. We waited until it was about 9 before we went to the beach to watch the fireworks.
It was a sight to see. All up and down the shoreline there were fireworks lighting the sky. Sitting next to my husband, seeing the fireworks, hearing the waves against the shore, toes in the sand... it was the best 4th of July ever!
Sadly the next day was spent traveling back to Salt Lake. But at least we didn't have to say goodbye then either. We came back to a home of our very own, and it was an amazing feeling.
It was the best honeymoon I could've asked for. I grow to love Dan more and more everyday. I think one of the best parts was that there were no surprises. I know him and he is everything I ever imagined in an eternal partner. I can't believe how blessed I am at times. 

No comments: