Saturday, August 5, 2017

Evelyn: Three Months

Oh how I love our little Evelyn! She makes me so happy and I just love her stinkin' guts!
Eve is starting to fit better into her 3 month clothes, and we just barely started putting her in size 1 diapers, even though they're a little big. She will usually "talk" to me whenever I talk to her. She will smile when I talk to her, after she's done eating, or when she wakes up. Hayley and Eve finally started napping at the same time so I try and be productive during that time, but usually I take a nap too because I'm tired. She is still going 8-10 hours at night (11 a few times), and I'm hoping she'll start getting closer to 12 soon because I go back to work in a few weeks. We started putting her in the bumbo and she does great at holding her head up. It'll be amazing if I can keep her alive 'til she's one because Hayley just LOVES to play with her; and when I say play I mean throw water in her face, jump around her, throw things at her, kiss her all over intensely, squeeze her, etc. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has to remind their toddler to be soft like 50 times a day? She loves to sleep in her swing. She's getting a little better about being in her car seat but it's still not her favorite. She drools quite a bit every once in a while, especially when sucking on her fist. On July 23 Dan gave Evelyn a beautiful, eloquent blessing. He told her that Heavenly Father is proud of her and that He is trusting to send her to the world at this time, that she'll have a contagious smile and sense of humor, that she'll be a shining light and positive impact on her family, that she'll grow up and develop good health, that she will become a daughter of God that we and Heavenly Father will be proud of, that she'll be curious and seek understanding and learning, that she'll enjoy God's creations and have a love for the world and spiritual aspects of the Gospel, that she'll be interested in Jesus and His Atonement and have a desire to share it, that she'll seek and maintain covenants including marriage in the house of the Lord, that she'll have love and nurturing in Motherhood & Womanhood, that she'll be a valiant servant in the Lord's work, and that she'll walk the strait and narrow path. We have been blessed with some choice daughters. She will use her legs to stand up when I hold her up. I am horrible at having her do tummy time but she does a decent job of holding her head up when she isn't just laying there enjoying being on her stomach ha. I got her first giggle out of her on July 26. Since then she has only giggled one other time, not for a lack of trying to get them out of her because it's the cutest sound ever.
I love those sleepy smiles.
First time at the beach.
The day she got her shots.
She barfed all over, luckily it was on our way home.
Her blessing dress.

No comments: