Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Graduation & A Long List of Thank Yous

I knew graduating would feel good, but I did not know it would feel this good! I may or may not have cried when I walked out of my last final and it took some effort to suppress the scream I wanted to let out. I DID IT! I am a college graduate! And I did it through a pregnancy and the first 9.5 months of my baby's life.
I thought being pregnant whilst going to school was hard, but boy, this semester was almost the end of me. I decided I'd take throwing up in/during class over trying to entertain a little one AND listen to lecture/take notes for class. Not to mention trying to study when your baby needs/demands your attention. I can understand why people would want to wait to have kids after they're finished with school, but at the same time it has made this accomplishment that much more rewarding! Seriously, there have been literal tears of joy.
Graduation day was great. I got to see my Athletic Training classmates one last time and hear about their great accomplishments. It made me a little sad to not be their equal but Becky brought Hayley around so I could see her before I walked I got a little teary eyed and remembered why I was there and it was all worth it. It felt so good to walk across that room and receive my diploma. Plus I got a trip to Disneyland! I can't wait. I told Daniel I'd graduate more often if that was the end result ha.
We went to dinner at Sonora Grill with my parents, sister, and Dan's parents. It was a great day and I am so glad it is all over and I never have to go back to school again! It still feels surreal at times, but that freedom sure does taste good. And I definitely won't miss all the anxiety and depression that I feel while in school. Hopefully now I will be able to manage it better and the worst of it is in the past. Finals week felt a little like my mission all over again and it was horrible. So wish me luck!
As always, what kind of person would I be if I didn't thank those who helped me get here?! I could never fully thank all the people who helped me raise Hayley the past 8 months. Hopefully I'll just be able to pay it forward one day. But here is shout out to those amazing babysitters who made it all possible: Alyssa- thank you for being so willing to work with my crazy Monday schedule and be there for me I think all but twice (amazing track record!), you were so reliable and that helped my stress level more than you'll ever know; Cassie- thank you for juggling your twins and my child at the same time, that has to take skills that you should definitely be able to list on your resume or deserve the title of "SuperMom"; Jenna- thank you for watching my baby while you grew your own, being pregnant and watching a baby could not have been easy and you were always so happy and smiley to do it, and as if that wasn't enough you'd take her when I had to go take tests as well, I am grateful for your willingness; Aunt Nikkole- on your days off you came and watched Hayley twice a week, you even drove up from Kaysville and we will never be able to repay you, I am forever grateful to know that you love Hayley as if she was your own. To everyone else who helped where they could when I asked: THANK YOU! We are so blessed to live in such a great place where I could ask neighbors and friends to take Hayley for a few hours and they would always be so willing and make it work out when it wasn't always convenient. I am getting a little teary eyed just thinking about all of you and the help we received.
To Becky, my Mother-in-Law, thank you for your help when you were able. Hayley is certainly spoiled by you and all the wonderful toys you provide and diapers and food you buy for her. We are so grateful for your support and love. I will always remember the night Daniel was at NCUR and you asked if you could take Hayley for a few hours so I could get stuff done. That helped more than you'll ever know and I love you and Paul so much for what may have seemed like a little thing to you.
To my dearest Mother and Father, it will never end with you. I will never be able to come anywhere near doing enough for both of you. I would NEVER have made it through these past 10 months without you and your love, support, help, sacrifice, etc. Thank you for letting Hayley have sleepovers and taking her when I was sick and when I needed to study or take a test and the list goes on. Thank you for showing me what it must have been like for me as your baby. I am so blessed to call you Mother and I love you forever and always for teaching me how to be one myself. You are the most amazing woman I know. And Dad, thanks for being the best Grandpa ever. Hayley is so lucky to be loved so much by her Grandpa.
To Daniel, thank you for tutoring me through my last semester of school and helping where you were able with your ever busy schedule. You amaze me with how much you juggle at one time- in school, church, and family life. I love you so much and am so glad we get to raise Hayley together.

No comments: