Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Britt's Baby Shower and Bear Lake

As most of you know by now, my sister-in-law is due in less than two weeks and I am super stoked! I can't wait to have a little niece close to us and spoil her like crazy. I had the fortunate opportunity of planning Britt's shower for our family and it was a blast. If I could plan events for a living and throw them for people I totally would. I have way too much fun getting cute decor, baking all kinds of goodies, and thinking of awesome ways to spoil the guest of honor. I want nothing but the best for my future niece and her wonderful soon-to-be Mother!
I love her so much!
I can't wait for baby Hayward.
Thanks for dropping by!
It was a pretty great shower, if I do say so myself. We played some games, had a diaper raffle drawing, and got to watch Britt open all her gifts. It was good to spend time with the Hayward family too.
This last weekend I also had the opportunity to go to Bear Lake and spend it with some of the awesome Elderes y Hermanas de mi distrito en el CCM. We have so much fun together. This was something we planned in the MTC and I'm so glad that it finally worked out. I often wonder if other districts are as close as we are. I love them like family.
 Kat, whom I still call Sister Regis like 80% of the time, and I car pooled to Serenity's cabin together and we had quite the adventure on the way there. My GPS took us through the mountains, not a canyon, the mountains - dirt roads, wildlife, and all. We almost hit several cows and deer, we arrived two hours later than we should've because we had to stop and ask for directions. And who did we ask for these directions? Oh just a taxidermist and his wife who told us all about mounting antelope. That much said we didn't get to the cabin until about 11. Most of stayed up 'til about 2 catching up with each other and talking about anatomy (we can be nerds).
Saturday was a beautiful day! We got so lucky because it was pure sunshine and no wind. The water was pretty cold for boating but it was too glassy to pass up. We skied, boarded, and tubed. We were on the lake basically all day with a little break around 4 for a late lunch. I love my district and the good memories that we make, and even reliving some old ones.
Sunday was goodbye for Kat and I in the morning because I wanted to get home for the dedication with my hubby. We went home through the canyon and it only took a little over two hours ha. I was super tired from not sleeping much, but it was worth it! It was a pretty short little weekend but a great one. I can't resist not seeing District 35E!
The cosmic orbiter!



I love these people!

No comments: