Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Paige: Nine Months

The preferred nine months have gone by. It always goes faster when they're on the outside.
Little Paigey girl's two front, bottom teeth have started coming through. I noticed them on July 13th when we were at the zoo. She hasn't been sleeping through the night since we got to Utah and I was thinking it was just because she was being moved around between a crib and pack n play and getting used to a new place but this is probably part of the problem too. She has been a little more sad the past couple days but we have gotten her some soothing gel to help with the pain. 
Paige is still in size 3 diapers and wearing 6-12 month clothes. I am thinking she will officially be in just 12 month clothes when we get back from Utah though. She is a heavy little thing and I can't hold her too long before my back starts to hurt ha. But I love all the squish and the rolls. 
Paige rolls all over the place. She also figured out how to push herself back up into a sitting position. She sleeps on her tummy. No signs of crawling soon, but that is fine by me. She is content to play with whatever she finds while rolling or is near her when we sit her down.
Paige is super ticklish on her back and sometimes her toes and armpits. Her sisters can get some of the best laughs out of her and it's the best. Her laugh sometimes sounds like a cry and if you aren't watching her it can be hard to tell which one it is ha. 
Paige has started noticing food more. She eats out of pouches really well, and it can be hit or miss when she is being spoon fed. She likes to put her two fingers in her mouth after taking bites and it can take a while to feed her. She also varies on how much she will eat. I try to feed her food at least once a day now though. She has been a little off with nursing sometimes too. I can't get her to do it a little early anymore, she has to decide she wants it. And she has been going 4-5 hours between feedings some days. 
Paige has loved going to Cherry Hill and swimming at my brother-in-law's parent's house. She is a little fishy, just like her sisters. She enjoys splashing in the water and floating around. She has also enjoyed being outside in my parent's hammock and playing in the bounce house (when there aren't big kids in it) at my in-laws'. 
Because Paige has really only been around us, staying home when she was born and then COVID, it takes her a while to warm up to other people. She is a mama's baby because that is just how life has worked out for her so far. I'm not complaining because I love that I'm her safe place, but I do wish we could leave her with others without it being too hard for them. 
She loves her Slumberkins. It's so cute how she snuggles with it.
She was not too fond of her life jacket the first time wearing it.
Train ride at the zoo.
She did better the second day.

I love my happiness so stinking much!

Side note: Paige had her 9-month check-up on July 31 and she weighs 19.2 pounds (56th percentile, I thought for sure she'd be over 20 by now), is 29.5 (95th percentile) inches long, and has a head circumference of 16.9 inches (19th percentile).

No comments: