Friday, November 22, 2019

Paige: One Month

Well, the last month has definitely flown by. They always go faster when the baby is on the outside versus the inside.
I am super grateful my Mom was here the first couple weeks with Paige. I don't even want to think about how I would've handled life if she wasn't here. She is the most amazing Mother and it is evident how much she loves all of us. Thanks Mom!
Paige is so loved by her sisters! They are, sometimes overly, helpful with her and it makes me happy how much they adore her. Evelyn always wants "to see her" and will sing her Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star when she cries. Hayley wants to play with her and hold her as much as she can.
I feel that because Paige was 9 pounds that I missed that tiny newborn stage. She wore newborn clothes for two seconds, I'm kind of surprised they even fit ha, and only had newborn diapers in the hospital. We returned the box we had and got size 1. And that's fine, she just already seems so big to me. I hate how quickly they grow! Also because she was LGA (large for gestational age) for the first twelve hours after she was born she had her glucose levels tested before she ate to make sure she wasn't diabetic. Her levels were great for every test so we're good. She is just a big baby, more to love, especially those big cheeks!
She is a champ at breastfeeding, it has been so nice. For a day or two, she struggled to latch on the left side but has thankfully gotten over whatever was going on. She feeds every 3-4 hours during the day and 4-7 during the night (she went 9 once and it was glorious!). She spits up every once in a while. Poor thing has had her spit up come out her nose a couple times. I'm trying to figure out if it has anything to do with what I eat, but haven't been able to pin it on something thus far.
For about the first week she didn't sleep well laying on her back because she would start gagging. So I was a naughty Mom and let her sleep in her bouncer because it allowed her to be more upright, and I wouldn't worry as much if I fell asleep and couldn't sit her up if she'd gag. (Also, when did that become a bad thing? No one ever said anything when Hayley and Evelyn were babies, and suddenly I have heard multiple times since Paige was born that they shouldn't sleep in swings or bouncers.) She has since been moved to her bassinet and does great sleeping in it.
She has started to get a little baby acne, mostly around her nose and on her chin. I think she looks like Hayley, but then when I look back through photos of baby Evelyn I think she sometimes looks like her too. She definitely belongs.
I have gotten a few smiles out of her after she has been fed and burped. A handful of times she has made noises as if she's trying to figure out how to respond to me talking to her. I love just watching her make all the different facial expressions. Because I have two other sweet little daughters who need me when I have the time to just focus on Paige I soak it all up as much as possible. When I can, I hold her when she's falling asleep as opposed to just putting her down and letting her drift off in her bed. Because I have to split my attention between three, it has made me appreciate the little moments I get with each of them more.
Gotta start her young.
Love my October baby!
These girls are so blessed to have this beyond amazing Grandma in their lives!
Sunday best.
At her 2 week check-up, she weighed 9 lbs. 1 oz. and was 21 inches long. The Doctor told us to give her Vitamin D drops (apparently I should have done that with Hayley and Evelyn as well), so I've been doing that when I remember ha.
So grateful this little girl is part of our family. I get teary-eyed holding her sometimes because I'm so glad she is here. I love her with all my heart and soul.

No comments: